Clinical Documentation Improvement Boot Camp
Develop skills for CDI success based on the review of key coding guidelines and industry resources
Developed for new clinical documentation improvement (CDI) specialists or intermediate CDI specialists in need of formalized training, CDI Boot Camp is a four-day classroom session that focuses on:
- ICD-9-CM coding rules and regulations
- Core ICD-10-CM/PCS concepts
- Medical record review from a CDI perspective
- MS-DRG reimbursement under the inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) for short-term acute care hospitals
- CDI program benchmarking and compliance initiatives, and ethics
- Key diagnoses within different body systems commonly targeted by CDI professionals
- Tips on how to effectively work with providers, including physician query techniques
- Review techniques for meeting quality initiatives and associated payment incentives, including hospital value-based purchasing (HVBP) and readmissions reduction
Click here to download the 2014 CDI Boot Camp catalog!
CDI Boot Camp will help you:
- Implement a step-by-step process for thorough medical record review, including assessing undocumented diagnoses based on clinical indicators
- Understand the IPPS and the impact of specific and accurate documentation on hospital payment
- Build ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS coding knowledge
- Recognize the importance of clinical indicators for problematic diagnoses, such as heart failure, sepsis, acute renal disease, and encephalopathy
- Develop compliant verbal and written physician query techniques
- Educate physicians about the value of improved documentation on both organizational and professional profiling
- Understand the impact of compliance initiatives, including the Recovery Auditor program and the Office of Inspector General (OIG), on CDI programs
- Ensure full and accurate payments from quality initiatives such as hospital value-based purchasing (HVBP) and the readmissions reduction act
- Prepare for the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) credential
CDI Boot Camp-see the difference for yourself
Check out all the benefits of this HCPro Boot Camp:
- Custom-designed course materials: All course materials are custom-developed specifically for this intensive learning format.
- Hands-on: Most course modules include exercises that allow you to practice key concepts.
- Live instruction: Classes are taught by an experienced, highly credentialed instructor.
- Small class size: We limit the number of course participants in order to retain a low participant-teacher ratio. This allows us to provide individual instruction as needed when participants find a topic to be particularly challenging and allows time for discussion.
- Student-driven: At the conclusion of the course, we ask all participants to complete an evaluation, which we carefully review for feedback and course enhancement.
- Well-established program: Backed by the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS), this Boot Camp provides the same great education you've come to rely on.
ACDIS members save $150 off the registration fee. Call 800-780-0584 to receive your special discount rate or sign up for membership today!
For more information about CDI Boot Camp, contact customer service at 800-650-6787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDI Boot Camp is offered around the United States at various locations. For a list of upcoming courses, click here.
The bestselling CDI Boot Camp is now available online!
Can't take time away from work to train? Now take the course online! Click here for more information about our online version.
Need to train a group?
Bring CDI Boot Camp to your organization. If you have a group to train, holding a Boot Camp at your organization is easy and cost-effective. Eliminate travel costs and enjoy a group discount while ensuring your staff is up to date on the latest regulations and guidelines. For more information, call 800-233-8734 or click on "Train Groups Onsite" in the menu above.